We are looking for new team members to join our team!
If you’re passionate in education, longing to make a difference in the lives of the local communities in remote areas, adventurous, and want to have a meaningful life through your job, then this job might fit for you!
Come and join our dedicated team and start making a difference!
We are looking for:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the on the ground establishment of new children’s libraries in Eastern Indonesia.
Contract Position for 1 year
Reporting to the project manager, project coordinators will:
- Overall management: Manage day-to-day operations (including logistics arrangements, book purchase and delivery, production of TBP collaterals and promotional materials, liaison with local volunteers in the regions), handle TBP’s social media presence, maintain and expand network with external parties for possible collaborations or promotion activities
- Identify, contact, and approach potential communities, persons, leaders and local government that can work together in implementing the project;
- Establishment of new libraries: lead the selection process to establish new libraries to the final decision, including liaising with potential schools throughout the process, leading the procurement process of all logistics needs, supervising the setting up of the school libraries, and arranging necessary education workshop for school partners.
- Monitoring & reporting: regular communications with the schools and local support staff, developing reports – monthly & quarterly reports, financial reports, etc – to be submitted to Project Manager on a timely manner.
- Engage and ensure participation of all key stakeholders mentioned in the project’s guidance (for example: teachers, school principal);
- Develop detailed project plan and an evaluation plan
- Organize capacity building workshops for the local teachers and school principals
- Organize meetings with the local stakeholders
- Manage volunteers
- Execute the project according to the project plan and timeline
- Is based in Sumba with quarterly visits to Jakarta
- Works closely and reports to the Project Manager
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, preferably majoring in education or library studies.
- Fluent in Indonesian and English (verbal & writing (correspondence and documents))
- Fluent in basic computer (MS Office) and internet skills (Social Media)
- Passionate for education, especially for improving access to education for children in the remote areas of Indonesia
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Is able to work independently and in a group with the agility to liaise with people from different backgrounds (foreign to Indonesians, urban to rural)
- Is driven and is able to work under pressure and with changing situations
- Knows when to take own initiatives, stick or alter the plans, and when to consult with TBP Executive Director or other relevant parties
- Is willing to travel to the remote areas of the eastern regions of Indonesia, as and when needed and is willing to be based in Sumba, NTT.
- Is trustworthy and fun to work with
Please send your CV and intro letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, mention the position you’re applying in the subject. Do share with us why you are the perfect fit for the job. Deadline: 31 December 2018.