Taman Bacaan Pelangi (TBP), a not-for-profit organisation focusing on establishing children libraries in the eastern region of Indonesia, is looking for a Project Coordinator.Job descriptions:
- Overall management: Manage day-to-day operations (including logistics arrangements, book purchase and delivery, production of TBP collaterals and promotional materials, liaison with local volunteers in the regions), handle TBP’s social media presence, maintain and expand network with external parties for possible collaborations or promotion activities, run fundraising campaigns.
- Establishment of new libraries: lead the selection process to establish new libraries to the final decision, including liaising with potential schools throughout the process, leading the procurement process of all logistics needs, supervising the setting up of the school libraries, and arranging necessary education workshop for school partners.
- Monitoring & reporting: regular communications with the schools and local support staff, developing reports to be submitted to TBP Executive Director and partners.
- Is based in Jakarta with quarterly visits to Eastern Indonesia (our library spots).
- Works closely and reports to TBP Executive Director
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, preferably majoring in education or library studies.
- Fluent in Indonesian and English (verbal & writing (correspondence and documents))
- Fluent in basic computer and internet skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, email apps, Internet apps, Facebook, Twitter.
- Passionate for education, especially for improving access to education for children in the remote areas of Indonesia
- Is able to work independently and in a group with the agility to liaise with people from different backgrounds (foreign to Indonesians, urban to rural)
- Is driven and is able to work under pressure and with changing situations
- Knows when to take own initiatives, stick or alter the plans, and when to consult with TBP Executive Director or other relevant parties
- Is able to travel to the remote areas of the eastern regions of Indonesia, as and when needed
- Is trustworthy and fun to work with
Please send your CV and intro letter to email@example.com. Do share with us why you are the perfect fit for the job. Deadline: 12 October 2014.